"Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work."
- John Trainer
Harvest has a great team of teachers and caretakers that love children and want to share their love of God with them in a positive, easy-to-understand manner.
On Sunday mornings we offer care for infants and a worship service for children through grade 6 during the worship service. Children preschool aged and older can be dropped off in the Timothy Room (behind Fellowship Hall) at 9:00 a.m. for their service.
The Caring People Childcare
Each Wednesday night at 6 PM the Caring People mothers meet for fellowship, food, and teaching. We provide a safe environment for kids to do their homework, play games, hear Bible stories, and eat dinner.
Mom's Morning Out
During the Summer months, mothers are invited to have a few hours to themselves while we play games, memorize scripture, and tell interactive Bible stories with their little ones. Contact Kayla Martin for more details.
- NURSERY — Infants – 2 1/2 year: Parents will feel comfortable leaving their little ones knowing that the nursery workers will keep their baby safe, fed, diapered and entertained. The workers play, read books and sing songs with the children.
- BIBLE EXPLORERS — 2½ – 4 years: This is a structured class where children are taught a Bible lesson and have craft, music and play time. We use an interactive curriculum that helps engage each child in the lesson.
- TREASURER SEEKERS — 5 – 6 years: Children will enjoy a class of Bible stories, music, crafts, puppets and games. The teachers share Christ’s love in a positive, fun atmosphere.
- SECOND – THIRD GRADERS: Our teachers use a catechists curriculum that follows the same lesson structure as our corporate teaching goals. The teachers strive to create an atmosphere where children feel they belong and have fun! It is our objective for the lessons to be memorable. We want the kids to think about the lesson all week long so they can apply it to their life!
- FOURTH – SIXTH GRADERS: This is a discipleship class for the “tween-agers.” Some of our goals for this age group include:
- Teaching the kids to start digging deeper into God’s word.
- Discuss topics that “tweenagers” face each day.
- Teach kids to look in the Bible to find ways to make good decisions.
- Teach them how to have a “quiet time” and encourage them to do so.
- Share that God wants to be involved in every part of their lives.
- Explain Christ loves them and has a wonderful plan for their lives.